Sunday, March 6, 2011

A New Obsession: Downton Abbey

I've just started watching Downton Abbey and I'm absolutely obsessed. I can already tell it's going to be one of those shows that will end all to quickly. I've only seen the first three episodes and it scares me that this show has the possibility to keep me in front of my computer for a limitless period of time...

The scenery in the show is spectacular. Downton Abbey is actually Highclere Castle in Hampshire...

The interiors are amazing and completely believable... a visual feast on par with the best period films...

and the costumes? Amazing. I would watch it just for the clothes...

and not to mention the actors... who are decidedly handsome... especially Charlie Cox who guest stars as the Duke of Crowborough (above) and Theo James who guest stars as Mr. Kemal Pamuk...

and Rob-James Collier who plays Thomas, the First Footman... I might go as far to say that I'm in love with him.

4 comments:

  1. Found you via A Perfect Gray. Glad to be here. I was totally obsessed with Downton Abbey as well - I watched it when it was on TV. I won't tell you what happens, but the ending is very unsatisfactory and leaves you desperate for the next series which they are shooting this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished watching it via Netflix last night... and I have to agree... I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the next season... I can't believe we're going to have to wait so long for it, but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robert James-Collier is easy on the eye!

    ReplyDelete