Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Handful of Dust and Carlton Towers

Period movies are always a favorite... and when I saw this 1988 adaptation of Evelyn Waugh's novel on Netflix I knew it was a must see... the sets were amazing and profiled the Victorian country house, Carlton Towers... 


I love the drama of this room... especially the oversized Gothic mantle and double doors at the end of the room. My favorite touch was the the russet colored shades on the crystal chandeliers...

I'm typically not a fan of crewel work, but I'm loving the combination of the crewel fabric and the Aubusson pillows...

The fireplaces in the parlors had interesting coved walls extending from the mantles...

This wallpaper was my favorite decorative detail of the entire film... I want it in a million different color ways, although I could definitely be happy with it as is... 

No comments:

Post a Comment