Monday, August 8, 2011

Home is where the harp is...

 ... or the harp case.
I love them... they're so bizarre and unusual. 
Almost macabre; like a coffin for an inanimate object.

 From Installations Antique on 1stDibs...

From Jayson Home & Garden on 1stDibs...

This might be my favorite...
I love the bright orange stripes and the dates with different cities where the harp was transported
From Boo Radley's on 1stDibs...


Now on to what I would want to find inside these cases...

 Maybe a 19th century American gilt-wood harp?
From Berkshire Home & Antiques on 1stDibs...


or maybe an antique harp covered in tar?
by artist Mattia Biagi from Twentieth Art & Design on 1stDibs...


 or a bar for cocktails?
 I'm so stealing this idea one day... except I'm either mirroring the entire interior, or painting it ox blood red.
From Off the Wall Antiques on 1stDibs

1 comment:

  1. You are right they do look like a coffin (maybe for the Hunchback of Notre Dame) Turn it into a cocktail cabinet!

    ReplyDelete