Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Biggs Powell on One Kings Lane

Biggs Powell, who recently opened a store on King Street in Charleston, had a fantastic sale on One Kings Lane that opened yesterday. His store, located in one of my favorite buildings on lower King, is a jewel box of unique antiques, reproductions, and contemporary pieces. 

I love this 19th century hall chair... it's so modern in its severity and geometric shape

A pair of fantastic vintage French lamps...

Obviously obsessed with this vintage eglomise mirror...


These are so incredibly beautiful... I've been in love them for a while



And finally, my favorite piece from the entire sale...


These gilt and painted grotto brackets are quite possibly some of the most unique things I've ever encountered. If only I had an extra $3,000 lying around...



from his website you can visit his listings on 1stDibs

2 comments:

  1. Hello William:
    The French lamps possibly appeal slightly less, otherwise we should wish to have all of these wonderful items shipped immediately to Europe where, we know, we should have absolutely no difficulty whatsoever in placing them around our apartment.

    But if we had to choose, then, like you, we should go for these so splendid, slightly kitsch wall brackets. We have exactly the spot for them in the drawing room. Could a deal be done?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those grotto brackets are indeed fabulous - over the top in the best way. I often run into things and wish I had a couple of thousand dollars laying around too!

    ReplyDelete